Sunday, January 4, 2015

Stuck at the airport

I arrived in Havana at about 7:30 pm.  But I didn't get out of the airport until 10:15 pm.  Minor glitch.  They had my last names reversed.  They were looking for Patricio Rodriguez Texidor instead of Patricio Texidor Rodriguez.  The lady in charge of my visa said she went crazy looking for me.  I was standing in a long line with other passengers the whole time.  No one told me that I could have gone to the VIP line for a speedy checkout!  Seriously!

But an elderly employee of the airport really was too kind for me to truly express.  I told him what was happening and he actually let me use his personal cell pone to contact my friends who were waiting there to pick me up!  My iPhone does not work in Cuba.  Once I did that everything worked out.  It still took another hour or so to get me out of there.  I was so grateful for this gentleman!  What a generous heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment